All About Iran Visa
Not all nationalities need a tourist visa to enter Iran. All foreign Passport holders are required a visa to enter Iran except the following nationalities: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia and Turkey for up to 3 months stay.
Note! Visa Restrictions: Entry will be refused to nationals of Israel and travelers with any evidence of visiting Israel.
To obtain an Iran visa, a Letter of Invitation is required from a sponsor in Iran. Normally the sponsor is a tour operator or the relatives. Once the letter of invitation is granted, it is then sent to the Iran Consulate where the visa is issued. Fill in above application form.
Contact us for any question, support or service.
We should point out that according to the regulations of Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a Tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to travel to Iran individually or in a group for the purpose of visiting Iran, friends or relatives. This visa is for a maximum stay of 30 days with option of Extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issuance.
To get an Iran Visa, American, British and Canadian passport holders must follow an exact itinerary accompanied by an approved guide from border/airport to border/airport for the entire trip.
To get the visa, those nationalities must work in advance with an Iranian tour operator to set up a guided itinerary. Only that tour operator may apply for visa from the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Once approved, the tracking code is transmitted to the Iranian Interest Section of the Pakistani Embassy in Washington or any other Iranian consulate around the world which the applicant has submitted in the application form.
Some Useful links:
Note 1: Always call and check the needed documents with the consulate as there may be differences in their bylaws.
- Your passport
- Completed embassy Iran visa application form
- 2 new passport-size photos
- Visa fee (based on your nationality)
- Visa grant notice (from travel agency)
Iran tourist visa is extended by Police Department of Aliens Affairs of the major cities on the basis of justifiable reasons and approval of the mentioned office. The process usually takes a working day and the extension will be valid for one/two weeks.
Iran Visa Extension Requirements:
- Two passport-size photos (with covered hair for ladies)
- A photocopy of the bank deposit receipt, your Iranian visa, any previous extensions and the photo page of your passport.
Some Aliens Affairs Offices:
- Tehran: Dr. Fatemi Junction, Vali-Asr Ave. or Sepah Sq.
- Shiraz: Modares Boulevard.
- Mashad: Next to Azad Univ., Rahnamaee St.
- Isfahan: Azadi Sq.
- Tourist Visa: Applies to the foreign nationals who wish to visit Iran individually or in a group for the purpose of tourism or visiting the relatives.
- Entry Visa: Applies to foreign businessmen or experts who wish to enter Iran for official negotiations or participating in any seminars, conferences or sport activities.
- Entry or transit visa for drivers carrying cargo: Applies to foreign drivers carrying cargo through Iran.
- Work permit visa: Applies to the foreign nationals who wish to work in Iran.
- Airport transit visa: Applies to foreign nationals who wish to transit through Iran for less than 48 hours.
- Pilgrimage Visa: Applies to the foreign Muslims to visit Islamic sacred places in Iran.
- Transit Visa: Applies to the foreign nationals who wish to cross the geographical territory of Iran to a third country.
- Visa for entry to free trade and Industrial Areas of Iran: This two-week visa applies to the foreign nationals who wish to enter Free Trade and industrial Areas of Kish Island, Qeshm Island and Chabahar Port.
- Student Visa: Applies to foreign students who wish to study in Iran.
- Press Visa: Applies to the representatives of foreign media and press who visit Iran for journalism purposes.
- Diplomatic and service Visa: Applies to foreign diplomatic and service passport holders who wish to travel to Iran.
Foreign holders of ordinary passports may apply for a 15-day tourist/pilgrimage visa on arrival at the International Airports of Iran:
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport
- THR: Tehran Mehrabad Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz Airport
- MHD: Mashad Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz Airport
- ISF: Isfahan Airport
Iran Visa on Arrival Requirements:
Iran visa on arrival is only for tourist purposes so the following passport holders are not granted to enter Iran on this kind of visa:
- Diplomatic/Service passports holders
- The applicants whose previous attempts to get Iran Visa has been rejected
The applicants are required to have:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity
- One passport-size photo
- Airport visa fees: EUR50.00 for each applicant and EUR10.00 for each companion
- Submit a proof of one of these:
- Contact details of the hotel in which they will stay
- Contact details of the travel agent who applies for your services
- Invitation Letter
Iran visa on arrival eligible nationalities are:
|Mongolia||Netherlands||New Zealand||North Korea||Norway|
|Portugal||Qatar||Romania||Russian Federation||Saudi Arabia|
|Singapore||Slovak (Rep.)||Slovenia||South Korea||Spain|