Iran Cultural Tour 12 Days
This 12 days Iran cultural tour is filled with the fascinating historical and legendary sites and amazing and varied culture in each city. On this 12 day group tour you will experience and learn about both the modern and ancient history of Iran. This really is a tour of a lifetime.
Day 1: Arrive Tehran. O/N Tehran
Transfer from airport to hotel. Tehran as the showcase and capital city of Iran is a megalopolis. This city is home to many invaluable museums to some we will pay a visit. Drive to the north of Tehran where the Iranian upper-class lives.
- Sa’dabad Complex: was impressively built by Pahlavi dynasty.
- Tajrish Bazaar: Experience the local life in cozy Tajrish Bazaar.
- Darband: Go hiking along the mountain trail through Darband and visit the most beautiful scenery in Tehran from that top. Enjoy tea, Qalian water pipe and the delicious Persian traditional cuisine, Dizi.
Day 2: Tehran, Shiraz. O/N Shiraz
Continue visiting Tehran with more museums. Then an hour flight from Tehran takes you Shiraz, the city of roses and nightingales.
- Archeological (national) Museum: thanks to the immense volume, diversity and quality of its monuments, it ranks as one of the few most significant museums of the world.
- Imperial Crown Jewels Museum: is home to a vast number of unsurpassed precious gems.
- Golestan Palace: a masterpiece of the Qajar era which is a successful combination of Persian crafts and architecture with Western influences. The most characteristic features and ornaments date from the 19th century.
Day 3: Shiraz. O/N Shiraz
Shiraz is the center of Persian culture and sophistication, gardens and poetry.
- Karim Khan palace, Vakil mosque, Vakil Bazaar and Saray-e-moshir: the highlights of Shiraz when it was the capital of Iran during Zand Dynasty.
- Nasir al-molk mosque: being built during the Qajar era, this mosque has extensively colored glass in its facade, and other traditional elements in its design.
- Hafez tomb: pay homage to the mystic poet who impressed everyone with his mastery.
- Sa’di tomb: a philosopher poet who was a tourist and the author of Golestan and Boostan.
- Qoran gate: the city’s main entrance. The original gate was built as an ornamental decoration about 1000 years ago, but this was replaced 60 years ago by new gate, which is considered one of the finest architectural designs in Iran and has won numerous awards.
- Khajooy-e-Kermani tomb: from Qoran gate a stone stairways goes up to a picturesque and panoramic views of Shiraz where the tomb of Khajooy-e Kermani, a famous poet is located.
- Ali-Ebn-e-Hamzeh shrine: with marvelous beauties.
- Some Persian Gardens such as Jahan Nama and Delgosha: gardens are the manifestation of Shiraz.
Day 4: Persepolis & Necropolis. O/N Shiraz
You have been long waiting for today visit to the great gem of ancient Persia, Persepolis.
- Persepolis: the capital of Achaemenid Empire was founded by Darius, the Great in 518 B.C. was not only a governmental palace but also a center for festivals.
- Necropolis: the magnificent burial place of Achaemenid kings with seven bas-reliefs dating back to Elamite and Sassanid era.
Zeinoddin a UNESCO award winner Caravanserai dating back to the Safavid era is located in the heart of desert 65 km to Yazd. Spending a night there, conjure up the old style of Persian accommodation.
- Pasargadae: the majestic tomb of Cyrus the Great, the originator and founder of Achaemanian Emperor, (500 years BC).
- Abarkouh: a historical city which is a showcase of desert architecture.
Day 6: Yazd, Mehriz. O/N Yazd
Yazd, the oldest adobe city is juxtaposed to the central deserts of Iran. On the way, we will have a short visit to another desert city, Mehriz.
- Old caravanserai of Saryazd
- Jame Mosque: is crowned by the highest minarets in Iran. The portal facade is decorated in dazzling blue tiles from top to bottom.
- The complex of Amir chakhmagh: a breathtaking construction.
Day 7: Yazd. O/N Yazd
This ancient city which is decorated by stunning mosques is a combination of different religions.
- Fire Temple: a Zoroastrian holy place for ritual purity.
- Dakhmeh (Tower of Silence): a circular structure used by Zoroastrians for exposure the dead to hunting birds.
- Wind Tower: the architecture Yazd is famous for. Those are used to create natural ventilation in buildings.
- Water museum: where interesting information about the Canat water distribution system is offered.
- Persian Garden of Doulat Abad: with a building with a beautiful large badgir.
Day 8: Isfahan. O/N Isfahan
Continue the tour by driving on a 300 km road to Isfahan immersing in the desert sceneries.
- Nain: the city of cisterns.
Day 9: Isfahan. O/N Isfahan
Isfahan entitled “Half the World” is the legendary city of traditional Islamic archeology and turquoise domes.
- Naqsh-e-Jahan Square: the second huge square of the world after Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.
- Sheikh Lotfollah and Jameh Abbasi Mosques: are brilliant masterpieces of Islamic-Persian architecture.
- Aliqapu, Chehel Sutoon and Hasht Behesht Palaces: renowned garden palaces that Isfahan is famous for.
- Isfahan bazaar: purchase traditional arts & crafts.
Day 10: Isfahan. O/N Isfahan
Continue exploring the cultural Isfahan.
- Isfahan Jameh mosque: a gallery of the progress of Islamic architecture.
- Vank Church: a typical example of the Christian churches of Armenia.
- Historical bridges of Isfahan: Zayanderood flows through the heart of Isfahan, the bridges over it are of nice architecture.
Day 11: Abyaneh, Kashan. O/N Kashan
Today we will drive to Kashan, a city dating back to 6000 years ago.
- Abyaneh Village: a UNESCO-recognized village who speak, live and dress in the original Persian style.
- Kashan historical houses: such as Tabatabaiha and Borojerdiha, dating back to the previous century, the Qajar era.
- A Persian Garden, Fin: one of the most beautiful historical gardens of the world.
- Sultan Amir Ahmad Hammam: the Turkish bath which is in disuse now.
- Agha Bozorg Mosque: a historical mosque built in the late 18th century.
Hit the 195 km road to IKA airport to depart Iran.
- Group Size: Min 2 – Max 8
- Departure: Every Saturday
- Duration: 12 Days
- Style: Middle class
- Best Time: All year round
- Highlights: Tehran, Shiraz, Persepolis, Zeinoddin, Yazd, Isfahan, Abyaneh, Kashan
This tour costs:
- Per Person: €990
- Single Supplement: €95
- June-August: 10% off
- November-February: 10% off
- Discount for groups
- Accommodation: 11 nights in middle class hotels (3-4 star)
- Meals: All breakfasts, 1 dinner with a local family
- Transport: Dedicated a/c vehicles, flight
- Airport Transfers
- English speaking guide
- Iran visa support
- Bottled water, tea, refreshment per day
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Prepayment
- Some FOC Services
- Get Discounts on Next Trips
Thanks for your help and for providing us with a great experience. All the best to you and your future endeavors and hope to make it back again to Iran someday.
I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to my friends, as I have said before, I really appreciated the way you answered emails promptly and professionally and made the entire experience easy and enjoyable.
I’m writing to tell you what an unbelievably enjoyable trip you arranged for me. Everything went perfectly. The accommodations were great, especially the quaint traditional guest houses.